23 Crompton St, Wigan, Greater Manchester, WN1 1BH
Grand Arcade is a retail park of 439,138 sq.ft sq. ft, divided into a retail section, a storage area and an additional 899 parking spaces, set within 20 acres
- Grand Arcade Shopping Centre comprises a modern, town centre dominant shopping centre that houses Wigan’s prime retail pitch.
- Grand Arcade opened in 2007 and is a modern scheme, extending to 439,138 sq. ft, divided into a retail section, a storage area and an additional 899 parking spaces, set within 20 acres.
- Grand Arcade includes a purpose-built retail warehouse scheme, constructed in 1995, and providing accommodation arranged in two terraces with additional pods in the car park. Planning permission has been granted for a further pod development in the car park.
- A total of 863 car parking spaces is provided at the scheme, over two multi storey car parks; the Millgate car park and the Crompton Street car park. Grand Arcade is therefore a key source of car parking serving Wigan town centre.
- Wigan is well served by the regional motorway network and lies between the M6 and M61 motorways which run to the west and east respectively, and connect the town with a series of regional destinations, including Preston, Bolton, Warrington, and Manchester. The M58, which meets the M6 at Junction 26 to the west of Wigan, runs west and serves Merseyside locations, such as Liverpool.
- Rail services are available either from Wigan North Western or Wigan Wallgate railway stations, which are both located a short distance to the south of the town center, off Wallgate.
- Completion date: April 2023
Click to enlarge