Burnt Oak, London, HA8 5LD
Total GIA of 99,987 sqft New planing consent for co-working and co-living
- Brent Council granted EEH Ventures planning permission and listed building consent for the conversion of the Grade II Listed former Savoy Cinema on Burnt Oak Broadway in Brent.
- The project is a re-development of the former Burnt Oak Bingo hall, including roof and side extensions, to convert it into a 99,987 sqft co-living, co-working space with associated communal facilities and the provision of a café at ground floor level.
- The proposal comprise the following elements:
- Conversion to provide co-working/co-living accommodation with shared kitchens and amenity facilities including a gym, library, launderette, cinema room, lounges, and a publicly accessible café at ground floor.
- A total of 125 co-living units would be provided, ranging from 185 to 385 sqft NIA in size, and including 13 wheelchair accessible rooms.
- The co-working hall and associated meeting space are designed within the retained historic auditorium.
- The existing roof to the building would be demolished and replaced with a new three-storey roof extension, alongside the erection of a new seven-storey side extension to the northern portion of the site.
- Associated external alterations to the building, including repairs to the original cinema building with a light touch to the street facades, reinstating the main entrance and signage.
- The proposal would also include the provision of cycle and refuse storage, and improvements to the public realm along Burnt Oak Broadway including new street tree planting and benches installed.
- Burnt Oak is a suburb in the Edgware district in northwest London, England. It lies to the west of the M1 motorway between Edgware and Colindale. The western part of the Edgware Road (locally Burnt Oak Broadway) lie partly in the London Borough of Brent and London Borough of Harrow
- The Edgware Road was originally a Roman road, which the Saxons called Watling Street. It may be that Burnt Oak was the location of a small settlement known to have been on the Edgware Road called Sulloniacis.
- The Mecca Bingo is situated just 10 miles of Central London and 15 miles drive to or from Heathrow Airport. the nearst station is Burnt Oak Station 8 miniute walk.
Purchase date: March 2016
planning permission: March 2021
Click to enlarge